Two 90-year-old women, Bertha and Betty, had been friends all of their lives.
When it was clear that Bertha was dying, Betty visited her every day.
One day Betty said, “Bertha, we both loved playing softball all our lives, and we played all through high school. Please do me one favor: When you get to heaven, somehow you must let me know if there’s women’s softball there.”
Bertha looked up at Betty from her deathbed and said, “Betty, you’ve been my best friend for many years. If it’s at all possible, I’ll do this favor for you.”
Shortly after that, Bertha passed on.
A few nights later, Betty was awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to her, “Betty, Betty.”
“Who is it?” asked Betty, sitting up suddenly. “Who is it?”
“Betty — it’s me, Bertha.”
“You’re not Bertha. Bertha just died.”
“I’m telling you, it’s me, Bertha,” insisted the voice.
“Bertha! Where are you?”
“In heaven,” replied Bertha. “I have some really good news and a little bad news.”
“Tell me the good news first,” said Betty.
“The good news,” Bertha said, “is that there’s women’s softball in heaven. Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before me are here, too. Even better than that, we’re all young again. Better still, it’s always springtime and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play softball all we want, and we never get tired.”
“That’s fantastic,” said Betty. “It’s beyond my wildest dreams! So what’s the bad news?”
“You’re pitching Tuesday.”
- 31,463 hits
- Follow Boudica2015 on WordPress.com
boudicabpi2015 on What’s wrong in New… boudicabpi2015 on The legislature: Samuel A… boudicabpi2015 on The Muslim Genocide of 2.5 Mil… boudicabpi2015 on Muff Divers boudicabpi2015 on California
- 2nd amendment
- american freedom
- Barack Obama
- Bernie Sanders
- Bill Clinton
- Boudica BPI
- Boudica BPI YouTube Video
- Donald Trump
- gun control
- Hillary Clinton
- illegal aliens
- John Kerry
- Obama liar
- Obama sucks
- Obama treasonous
- Pamela Geller
- Various from Pamela Geller's Atlas Shrugs
- Various from the religion of peace
Top Posts & Pages Views
- How does a statue being in the same place for 100 years suddenly become offensive and men walking around in public with there ass showing not offensive? Are people really this ignorant?
- "Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?"
- Lazy Puppy Rock
Top Posts & Pages Likes