Even Turkey isn’t immune.
The story comes from Times of India.
Suicide bomber kills 30 in Turkey, attack blamed on ISIS
ANKARA: A suicide bomber attacked on Monday a cultural centre hosting anti-Islamic State activists in a Turkish town near the border with Syria, killing 30 people in an “act of terror” blamed on the jihadist group.
The blast ripped through the centre in Suruc, a town opposite the Syrian flashpoint of Kobane — which was itself later hit by a suicide car bombing.
Most of the dead were university students who had been planning a mission to help Kobane residents, according to a pro-Kurdish party official.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, on a visit to northern Cyprus, condemned the attack as an “act of terror”.
“On behalf of my people, I curse and condemn the perpetrators of this brutality,” he said. “Terror must be condemned no matter where it comes from.”
The force of the explosion blew out the windows of the building and set off a blaze, witnesses said.
Television footage showed several people lying on the ground covered in blood and ambulances rushing to the scene.
“The Turkish authorities have strong reason to believe that the terrorist attack was perpetrated by ISIS,” a government official told AFP, using another name for IS.
If confirmed, it would be the first such attack by IS fighters against Turkey, a regional military power and NATO member. Read more—>